Recognised with an ‘Outstanding’ Care Quality Commission (CQC) report. It is the highest rating that a care home can receive, after the inspection found that residents “received exceptionally personalised care and support which met their needs”.
Located on the outskirts of Luton in Bedfordshire - an oasis of calm in an urban environment - “a genuinely a lovely place”.
Picturesque place to live with an atmosphere with mutual compassion and care.
All rooms are spacious, light and airy and all have en-suite bathrooms
Range of bright, light and comfortable communal areas, including a cosy lounge and a sunny, airy dining room – plus a pub, pub garden and tea room
Attractive grounds have been developed over the years by residents and the dedicated staff team.
A sheltered garden providing a relaxing space to sit and read or talk with friends and family
Brand new allotment gardens which provide produce used in some of the delicious meals
Appetising, tasty, fresh and seasonal menus – wide choice / selection to suit all tastes and requirements
Fully equipped hairdressing salon – with additional therapies if required including Reiki healing and beauty treatments
Active social calendar including - movie nights, exercise groups, yoga therapy, cheese and wine evenings, etc. - "They have good activities, with always something on the go, and people join in."
Inter-generational social visits from children and young people – including weekly 'baby ballet' classes and activities with pre-schoolers such as musical bumps and statues.
Open and flexible visiting - Friends and family are always welcome to visit - sharing a meal, enjoying an activity or spending quality time together in the pub and pub garden
We want it to look just like someone's home, not a care home.
Make an Enquiry
If you would like to speak to us about any aspect of finding a care home or would like to book an appointment over the phone, please call us on:
01420 841 62 (Care home)
020 7730 8263 (Central office)
I have no doubt staff know what they are doing. They looked after [person] really well when their mobility declined.
Why choose Friends of the Elderly?
- We have been helping older people remain independent with dignity and respect for over 100 years
- We put people at the heart of all we do
- We are a charity- not for profit
- We are a family and residents and staff are part of that family
- We have organisation wide implemented Dementia Education Programme to enhance the quality of our residents’ lives
- All our care homes can accept people with dementia
- We have staff who have worked with us for a long time – many over 20 years
- We have been supported by the Royal Family for over 60 years. Her Majesty The Queen is one of our patrons and Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra has been our President since 2005.