We are currently open for both online and emailed applications.
Applications MUST be made by a professional on behalf of an older person in need. We do not accept applications from individual members of the public.
Due to the high volume of applications received, any applications missing information may be rejected.
Please ensure you include everything we ask for before you submit an application.
We deal with applications in date order. We aim to process your application within 4 weeks, however, you will receive a personalised email acknowledgement within 3 working days. Please contact us if you have applied and not had an acknowledgement.
Who are our grants for?
Friends of the Elderly provides small grants (normally up to £400) to older people who meet all of the following criteria::
- Resident in England and Wales
- Of/over state pension age
- Who are living on low incomes and with little savings
- Who do not fit the criteria for other funders
How can you apply?
A Referral Agent/Professional must make a grant application on an older person’s behalf, we do not accept applications from individual members of the public.
1. Referral Agents can register and apply online here: GRANTS APPLICATION LOGIN BUTTON
This is the quickest way, but is not recommended if you have an unstable internet connection.
2. Referral Agents can contact us at email@example.com with the subject heading APPLICATION FORM REQUEST and we will email you an application form.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ OUR GUIDANCE NOTES BELOW BOTH BEFORE AND DURING COMPLETING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
More information, including who can be a Referral Agent can be found here:
- Information for Older People needing a grant
- Finding A Referral Agent
- Guidance Notes for Referral Agents and Professionals
- Frequently Asked Questions
Priority for Essential Items
We are prioritising requests for essential items and have modified our processes to ensure we can still make grants even though older people might not be able to meet with their Referral Agent face to face due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic and social distancing measures.
If you need to speak to us prior to applying please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response.
If necessary, you can leave us a message on 0330 332 1110 and a member of the team will you call back within 5 working days.
The grant has made such a difference – it means I don’t have to choose between keeping warm and eating.