Older people need our help now more than ever.
Many of the older people we support have no one else to turn to and are relying on us.
We have supported people for over 100 years and we’re not stopping now.
The situation is ever changing but, with the wealth of experience and knowledge of our staff and volunteers, we have quickly adapted our services.
Please help us to provide the continuity, support, friendship, and financial assistance that they desperately need.
We will continue to support lonely older people during this difficult and anxious time.
- We are frequently calling all our befriending clients to have a chat, see how they are feeling and find out what support they may need. We have extended this offer to our home care, day care and regular grant allowance clients too, who may now need this additional support.
- We are finding creative ways for our clients to stay connected to people, such as sending them greeting cards with messages of support from around the world.
- We are continuing to award grants to older people living on low incomes, including purchasing items such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones so they can stay in touch with friends and family.
We are helping alleviate some of the practical and financial stresses that have arisen from the lockdown.
- Our trained volunteers have increased their normal duties to help with requests from our clients for food, medical supplies and other essential items.
- We are expanding our grants application criteria to include financial assistance towards any additional necessities resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
Donation through post*
If you would prefer to send a donation through the post, please download and complete our Single Donation Form or Regular Donation Form.
*(Due to the ongoing coronavirus we may have limited access to our London office so please consider donating online at this time.)
Gift aid Donation
If you have donated in the past and would like Friends of the Elderly to claim Gift Aid on your donations, please download a Gift Aid Form and post it back to us.
Thank you for bringing comfort and reassurance to older people
at this uncertain and difficult time.
Your gift will go towards where the need is greatest at Friends of the Elderly.
Other ways to support us
When we lose a loved one, it can help us cope by doing something meaningful in their name.
Find out more here.
Your support means we can continue to prevent loneliness in older age and provide financial help to those who need it most.
Click here for more information on leaving a gift in your Will.
“We are a great country and we have seen it all: day and night, love and hate, happiness and hunger. But for some of us it can be a real struggle and you can end up being without any support. To be quite honest with you, I’d be lost without Friends of the Elderly. So many of us would be. They provide invaluable support to older people.” – Edward*, 70, grant recipient.