About the Opportunity
We are looking for volunteers to join the team at our hub in Malvern – where we have three care homes, a day centre and a home care service all supporting older people to live fulfilled lives – to help at our monthly intergenerational event.
You will be greeting guests at the door and showing them to the room, making everyone feel welcome, helping serve drinks, chatting and creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for the residents and guests.
We are joined by a group of toddlers and babies each monthly for a fun-filled session that we invite all our residents and clients to. We have been running this for some time with an external partner who runs the event itself, and it is one of the most popular that we do. Volunteers will be a real asset here helping to run this exciting and busy session.
The events run once a month on a Friday and we are looking for people to help from 10am to 1pm at Davenham House, Graham Road.
We are looking for people who –
- Are sociable and enjoy the company of others of all ages
- Are warm, friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Work well with others
- Would like to make a real difference to the lives of older people
- Have empathy and understand the needs of older people with a range of care needs including nursing and dementia needs
What you will gain from this role –
- You will learn new skills and meet new people
- You will be supported by your Manager, and other volunteers where relevant
- You will be invited to events and celebrations as a volunteer
- You may have the opportunity to join training courses organised by the Charity
- We can reimburse reasonable and pre-agreed travel expenses
- We are looking for volunteers over the age of 18.
- All of our volunteers will receive a charity induction, and further support and training will be provided by the Manager as needed.
- You will be given a Volunteer Handbook and Safeguarding Handbook and information on how the Charity supports volunteers.
- Mandatory training may be required and will be offered as appropriate.
- If you drive as part of your volunteering you will need the appropriate insurance and documentation.
Time and commitment
These events run once a month but there may be opportunity for you to get involved in other ways if you want to volunteer more frequently.
It is most helpful to both sides if you can commit to a minimum of three months.
Process for application
- Please complete an application form and return it to email@example.com
- As the role involves working with vulnerable adults you will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check which is free for volunteers
- You will need to provide details of two references
- An introductory meeting and induction will be arranged
Once all the above have been successfully completed, you will be able to commence your volunteering role.
We value diversity in our volunteers and welcome applications from all walks of life and all sections of the community.