About the opportunity
We are looking for friendly, committed and approachable male* volunteers to visit a resident in our Redcot residential care home.
You will visit someone who you will have been matched to offer friendship, companionship and the opportunity to share valued interests. We suggest a visit each week for about one hour, which will allow you to offer friendship, companionship and the opportunity to share valued interests.
We are looking for people who
- Enjoy talking and listening to older people
- Have empathy and understand the needs of older people
- Warm, friendly and outgoing
- Are warm, friendly and approachable
- Would like to make a real difference to an older person’s life
What you will gain from this role
- You will learn new skills and meet new people
- You will be supported by your Manager and other volunteers
- You will be invited to events and celebrations as a volunteer
- You may have the opportunity to join training courses organised by the Charity
- We can reimburse reasonable travel expenses
We are looking for male* volunteers over the age of 18.
It is most helpful to all involved if you can commit for at least three months.
All of our volunteers will receive a charity induction, and further support and training will be provided by the Manager as needed.
You will be given a Volunteer Handbook and information on how the Charity supports volunteers.
*Friends of the Elderly is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
In line with the Equality Act 2010, this role has a genuine occupational need for a specific male gender requirement.