Main purpose of the role
You will be based at our Coulsdon care home, Orford House and you will be answering and redirecting telephone calls to the home.
You will also be welcoming visitors to the home, be it family & friends of residents, prospective residents, people attending meetings, or contractors for example.
You may be dealing with delicate matters and those that are highly emotive so need to be sensitive and professional at all times.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a polite and welcoming manner
• Is professional at all times
• Works well under pressure
• Has empathy and an understanding of the needs of older people
• Enjoys spending time with older people
• Works well with others
Experience required for the role:
• Good IT skills including using Microsoft Office
• Excellent phone manner
Experience desirable for the role:
• Has volunteered or worked in an office environment
• Has volunteered or worked in a care home or care setting
• Has volunteered or worked with older people, including those with dementia
We are looking for volunteers aged 18 years and over