About the Opportunity
We are looking for friendly and sociable people who can come and spend time chatting, sharing a cuppa, going for a stroll or doing an activity with a resident or client.
Our Activity Coordinators put on a range of activities and events for groups, small and large, and for individuals. As a Companionship Volunteer you will spend your time one-on-one with a resident or client partaking in things they enjoy doing. Or you might support them to join in with group activities.
You will be a ‘hub’ volunteer which means you will spend time at all of our services here on Graham Road so this will be a varied role.
Our volunteering roles can be developed around the time and day/s you are able to support us.
We have three care homes here at our Malvern hub, a day centre and our home care office is here too, all on one site.
We are looking for people who –
- Are sociable and enjoy the company of others
- Are warm, friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Are happy to volunteer one-on-one with someone
- Are happy to work unsupervised, if & once you are ready to
- Work well with others
- Would like to make a real difference to the lives of older people
- Have empathy and understand the needs of older people with a range of care needs including nursing and dementia needs
What you will gain from this role –
- You will meet a diverse range of people and increase your circle of friends
- Make a difference in your local community
- Build self-confidence and see the difference you make to other people’s lives
- You will meet other volunteers and be invited to volunteer celebrations, as well as other events and celebrations we have
- There will be the opportunity to attend training courses if you wish
- You’ll get a free DBS check and you will have a dedicated Support Coordinator
- We can reimburse reasonable and pre-agreed expenses
- All of our volunteers will receive a charity induction and ongoing support from a Support Coordinator, and training will be provided as needed.
- You will need a DBS check and we will guide you through this process.
- You will be given a Volunteer Handbook and Safeguarding Handbook and information on how the Charity supports volunteers.
Process for application
- Please complete an application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As the role involves working with vulnerable adults you will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check which is free for volunteers
- You will need to provide details of two references
- An introductory meeting and induction will be arranged
We value diversity in our volunteers and welcome applications from all walks of life and all sections of the community.