About the Opportunity
We are looking for outgoing and friendly people who can give their time to help the team run activities and events across our hub in Woking.
The team puts on a range of activities and events for groups, small and large, and for individuals. As an Activities Volunteer you will spend your time helping set up activities, greeting guests, making hot drinks, making people feel welcome and joining in with the activities.
This could include things like our weekly café that is open to the public or our quarterly pop-up restaurant – our volunteering roles can be developed around the time and day/s you are able to support us.
You will be a ‘hub’ volunteer which means you will spend time at all of our services here in Woking so this will be a varied role.
We are looking for people who –
- Are friendly, sociable and approachable
- Are happy to get stuck in to activities
- Work well with others
- Would like to make a real difference to the lives of older people
- Have empathy to the needs of people with a range of care needs including nursing and dementia needs
What you will gain from this role –
- You will meet a diverse range of people and increase your circle of friends
- Make a difference in your local community
- Build self-confidence and see the difference you make to other people’s lives
- You will meet other volunteers and be invited to volunteer celebrations, as well as other events and celebrations we have
- There will be the opportunity to attend training courses if you wish
- You’ll get a free DBS check and you will have a dedicated Support Coordinator
- We can reimburse reasonable and pre-agreed expenses
- All of our volunteers will receive a charity induction and ongoing support from a Support Coordinator, and training will be provided as needed.
- You will need a DBS check and we will guide you through this process.
- You will be given a Volunteer Handbook and Safeguarding Handbook and information on how the Charity supports volunteers.
Process for application
Please complete an application form and return it to email@example.com
- As the role involves working with vulnerable adults you will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check which is free for volunteers
- You will need to provide details of two references
- An introductory meeting and induction will be arranged and you will have a dedicated Support Coordinator
We value diversity in our volunteers and welcome applications from all walks of life and all sections of the community.