About the Opportunity
We are looking for outgoing and friendly people who can give their time to help our Activity Coordinators run events and activities across our hub on Graham Road.
Our Activity Coordinators put on a range of activities and events for groups, small and large, and for individuals. As an Activity Volunteer you will spend your time helping set up activities, greeting guests, making hot drinks, making people feel welcome and joining in with the activities.
You will be a ‘hub’ volunteer which means you will spend time at all of our services here on Graham Road so this will be a varied role.
Our volunteering roles can be developed around the time and day/s you are able to support us.
There might even be the opportunity to organise and run activities if you have a hobby or interest you would like to share.
We have three care homes here at our Malvern hub, a day centre and our home care office is here too, all on one site.
We are looking for people who –
- Are friendly, sociable and approachable
- Are happy to get stuck in to activities
- Work well with others
- Might be up for organising and running their own activities
- Would like to make a real difference to the lives of older people
- Have empathy to the needs of people with a range of care needs including nursing and dementia needs
What you will gain from this role –
- You will meet a diverse range of people and increase your circle of friends
- Make a difference in your local community
- Build self-confidence and see the difference you make to other people’s lives
- You will meet other volunteers and be invited to volunteer celebrations, as well as other events and celebrations we have
- There will be the opportunity to attend training courses if you wish
- You’ll get a free DBS check and you will have a dedicated Support Coordinator
- We can reimburse reasonable and pre-agreed expenses
Process for application
- Please complete an application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As the role involves working with vulnerable adults you will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check which is free for volunteers
- You will need to provide details of two references
- An introductory meeting and induction will be arranged and you will have a dedicated Support Coordinator
We value diversity in our volunteers and welcome applications from all walks of life and all sections of the community.