About the Opportunity
We are looking for people to join us at The Lawn to help deliver activities for our residents.
The Lawn is a beautiful Georgian period home in the village of Holybourne, Hampshire and supports people in residential care.
We run a range of activities for people living in the home, personalised to each individual, such as gardening, arts and crafts, games, flower arranging and seasonal displays
Wellbeing and quality of life is really important to us so the activities we run, no matter how small or big, are part of everything we do. As an activities volunteer you will be helping to increase people’s wellbeing and making a difference to the lives of the people we support.
We are looking for people who;
- Enjoy talking and listening to older people
- Are creative
- Able to run activities which may be unsupervised
- May be happy to help plan activities
- Have empathy and understand the needs of older people
- Are warm, friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Work well with others
- Would like to make a real difference to an older person’s life
What you will gain from this role;
- You will learn new skills and meet new people
- You will be supported by your Manager and other volunteers
- You will be invited to events and celebrations as a volunteer
- You may have the opportunity to join training courses organised by the Charity
- We can reimburse reasonable travel expenses
- We are looking for volunteers over the age of 18.
- You will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which is free for volunteers and we will guide you through this often quick process.
- All of our volunteers will receive a charity induction, and further support and training will be provided by the Manager as needed.
- You will be given a Volunteer Handbook and information on how the Charity supports volunteers.
- Mandatory training may be required and will be offered as appropriate.
- If you drive as part of your volunteering you will need the appropriate insurance and documentation.
Time and commitment
Ideally you will be able to come in on regular day(s) each week but this can all be discussed with the Activities Coordinator
It is most helpful to both sides if you can commit to a minimum of three months.