Hybrid working from home and Central Office, (Victoria, London), with travel to our various sites
Salary: £58,000 – £65,000 per annum dependant on experience, plus car allowance
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Friends of the Elderly is a charity dedicated to supporting older people. We aspire to a society where all older people are treated with respect and have the opportunity to live fulfilled lives.
This role will oversee the management of our property portfolio, ensuring they are efficiently maintained and compliant with all relevant regulations, and that they are comfortable and safe environments that are fit for purpose.
The postholder will be required to take a hands-on approach, building relationships, providing professional and technical support and expertise, to service managers, support staff and contractors, in order to deliver our reactive and planned maintenance programmes and upgrades.
In addition to managing our existing portfolio, you will be involved in all aspects of any future building works.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a RICS qualification as a Building Surveyor
- Have substantial experience in property maintenance, facilities management and contractor management in the health or residential care sectors.
- Be able to plan and implement maintenance works at multiple sites to budget.
- Have knowledge of all statutory requirements related to property maintenance and management.
- Be able to prepare detailed specifications to tender works.
- Be qualified or experienced in project management methodology.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
We’re proud to say many of our staff have been with us for more than 10 years and some for more than 20. We are committed to investing in our teams, which is why we offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind:
- Excellent training
- Retail discounts – save money and earn points at over 3,500 retailers
- Long service awards
- Recommend-a-friend scheme – earn £250 for each referral
- Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
To apply for the role, please send a CV with a short supporting statement (no longer than two pages) outlining how you meet the person specification for the post and our Equal Opportunities monitoring form to: email@example.com
Closing Date – 31st May 2022
Friends of the Elderly is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
We would prefer all staff joining Friends of the Elderly to have received or be in the process of getting their COVID-19 vaccination. This is to support the protection of our staff, our residents and wider teams.