Location: Hybrid Working from home and Central Office, London Victoria
Hours: 14 hours per week, flexible times, to be agreed
Contract: Fixed term 12 months
Reporting to: Grants Development Manager
Salary: £10,556 per annum (based on an full time equivalent of £26,390)
Friends of the Elderly is a charity dedicated to supporting older people. We aspire to a society where all older people are treated with respect and have the opportunity to live fulfilled lives. We run care homes, day care services and a grant giving programme for older people.
Are you an experienced administration professional with a desire to make a difference?
Friends of the Elderly are looking for a Grants Officer to join our team making small grants for older individuals in financial need. This is an exciting time to join the team. Our strategy for the next few years is about growth of the service to reach more people, with more money.
You will process the grant cycle from beginning to end, seeing the impact the grants have on older people who are struggling financially.
We are looking for someone with a mature outlook, passionate about people, admin and learning about the grant making sector. We need someone who can use Microsoft Office to a high standard, is proficient at using CRM systems, with excellent communication skills.
In return we offer flexible working arrangements within a small, friendly and supportive team, and the chance to make a real difference to those most in need.
- Processing of grant applications including chasing up queries and evidence, supporting referral agents
- Preparing applications for approval
- Signposting of callers to other relevant funders and services
- Administration and collation of data related to the monitoring and evaluation programme
- 1st point of contact for phone calls to the grants line
- Responding to hello@ enquiries, including sending out new application packs and providing updates on applications, directing callers to FAQs etc
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
We are committed to investing in our teams and their wellbeing, which is why we offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind. Our rewards include:
- 25 days annual leave entitlement pro-rata, plus allowance for public bank holidays
- Group Pension Plan, with a 6% contribution from us
- Retail discount schemes to make your salary go further
- Health cash plans for you and your family
- Wellbeing support through various initiatives
- Interest free travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards, that increase with length of service
- Refer a friend to work for us and receive a £250 bonus
- Competitive Pay
To apply for the role, please send a CV with a short supporting statement (no longer than two pages) outlining how you meet the person specification for the post to: email@example.com
Please also complete and return our Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
You can read about our current Grants Programme at
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Friends of the Elderly strives to be a diverse and inclusive workplace, where everyone can be themselves.
Our ambition is to celebrate and promote equality and diversity, working together to create an inclusive workplace, which attracts and retains the best people. People that care and can make a difference.
We value all our staff, service users, volunteers and contractors and strive to respect everyone as individuals, understand their perspectives, and provide a supported workplace so that everyone can thrive.
We are committed to listening, learning, and improving our workplace and we ask everyone to make a personal commitment to educate themselves and engage in conversations with colleagues, so that we can all learn and share our stories and treat everyone the same.
We encourage everyone to call out any actions or behaviours not consistent with our values, and champion the rights of everyone.
We would prefer all staff joining Friends of the Elderly to have received or be in the process of getting their COVID-19 vaccination. This is to support the protection of our staff, our residents and wider teams.