Minimum 2 hours a week Monday-Friday at Stroke Project (at Triangle Community Services, part of the friends of the Elderly Group)
We’re looking for a volunteer to support The Stroke Project Team to carry out generic (but extremely important) office duties.
Some IT skills are required but this is a good opportunity for volunteers to enhance their knowledge on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint and Access) and customer service skills.
Main purpose of the role
- Answer phone calls and transfer/ take messages for relevant staff members.
- Contact service users when necessary.
- Update our client database.
- Support with newsletter and surveys.
- Help with data entry.
- Support distributing publicity to service users and stakeholders in the community.
Development and support
- Full training and support will be offered as appropriate.
- Mandatory training will be required to meet the current legislation.
- DBS checks are required.
- You will be invited to attend volunteer meetings.
- Ongoing training and support will be offered for your development and training needs.