The grant has made such a difference – it means I don’t have to choose between keeping warm and eating.
Alleviating stress and worry
If you live in England or Wales, are of state retirement age and are living on a low income, get in touch as our grants could help. We currently have three types of grants available:
- Home essentials – to cover the cost of replacing everyday items, small home repairs and mobility adaptations.
- Digital connection – can be used towards the cost of equipment, such as tablets and smartphones, as well as broadband costs.
- Financial support – to help with unexpected bills and large costs, such as utility bills, funeral costs or moving fees.
Who is eligible?
You can apply for a grant with us if you meet the following criteria:
- You are of state retirement age.
- You live in England or Wales.
- You are managing on a low income with savings of less than £4,000.
- You are not living in a residential care home.
How can I apply?
Applications need to be made through a referring agent. This can be someone working in local health or social care teams, the Citizens Advice, or other charities and community groups. Please call us if you aren’t sure if you are eligible.
Otherwise, talk to your referring agent and get started today by downloading our application form and guidance notes below or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0330 332 1110.
Download guidance notes (pdf) Download an application form (pdf)
Download Approved John Lewis List (pdf)
Friends of the Elderly, 40-42 Ebury Street, London SW1W 0LZ
Registered Charity number 226064. Company registered in England, number 133850.
Friends of the Elderly © 2017